Meegan's Journal

Posted on 8/17/2010 06:28:00 AM by mike

You cannot even imagine the ultimate peace a place can bring you. Traveling to another country – waiting for the confusion and emotional chaos. I mean really. You don’t just arrive and in the very next day feel at peace with your surroundings. I feel like I am waiting for the uncomfortable to settle in, but it is not. From the moment I stepped on Namibian soil – my heart was as rest. Keeping the feelings to myself, because I knew this would probably not last. I am expecting things to come and for the honeymoon to fade. But it is not. I walk around Arandis, not getting lost or misplaced – feeling like I belong. I am in awe of how God is working on the different areas of my life, and seeing where the next step will be. I know I am not standing alone, with any of my thoughts or feelings. Peace. It is here and taking residence in who I am.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing what is in your heart today... I am sure you are taking lots of pictures to enhance the memories you are making... Sending a hug from afar! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know you are where you feel you belong. Listen to the Lord and he will show you his next plan for you. Our God is mighty

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing meegs!

    you know when the uncomfortable will set in?? it will start as you begin to pack to go and will increase as you arrive back in the states... it will be at it's fullest as you try to acclimate into your "old life". praying that you will never forget... or acclimate...

    savor every moment!!

    Love ~G

    ReplyDelete