Shoutouts From The Team

Posted on 8/11/2010 05:26:00 PM by mike

Kyle says...Hi Mom & Dad!! The trip and team are awesome! We have been busy! Crafts in the morning and babysitting at night. It's so great to be here and God is doing marvelous things here. Love you!

Lindsay says...Hi Mom, Dad, Lincoln, Nick and Sebastian - It is pretty much AWESOME here. We are always busy during the days and the evening time is for the team. I tend to always find myself smiling because I am having such a great time. God is so incredible all around the world. It's so awesome to know we share the same AMAZING GOD while being half way around the world and so far apart. Share my love with everyone.

Brook says... What's up my family. Hope you are having fun in Canada cause I am having a lot of fun here. Mom please don't have a heart attack. During the day we mostly take care of kids but at night we relax so I am going to go now. Bye

Jenn says... Dear family - being back in Arandis is a huge blessing. I've gotten to re-connect with many friends. I have been enjoying my days - 8-4pm with Revival (a deaf and fetal alcohol syndrome). She's just as much a challenge as she is a blessing. :) The week has flown by but God has been faithful to provide strength and patience despite my weakness and inabilities. I hope all is well with you. Give Hudson a big hug for me - I miss you but I'm not ready to come home.

Katie says...Things I learned in Africa: 1) Kids in Africa are incredibly crafty when it comes to toys and games. 2) I can tutor and I like it. 3) I love the Namibian accent. 4) Just because it's Africa doesn't mean they don't have the most current computer software. 5) Thirteen "strangers" can live together and enjoy it. I can't wait for each new day and see what new adventure awaits us! PS - Mom, Dad and Sara, I love you and miss you and can't wait to show you all my pictures! Jadon - Good luck at your shoots this weekend! I love you forever!

Kayleen says...Hey mom and dad, Marcus, Iana and Micah. Namibia is so awesome. I'm having a wonderful time. I have many good new stories to tell, so prepare yourselves. We find ourselves being very busy all the time. God has blessed us with so many opportunities to serve. In the morning we help with making crafts to raise money for Arandis Community Church, the afternoons are taking care of children in His Promise Ministries, and the evenings we spend fellowshipping with one another. Love and miss you: Muzz, Pop, Gram and Gramp - Thanks for following the blog. It's so encouraging to hear from ya'll. Kell - miss you and love you dude. I saw on F-book that you got a Neal pic - how'd you hit that up?!

Bobbi says...so having trouble with the blog - HaHa - I really miss you. I am having a great time and I got to sew this morning. We are making things to sell to raise money to build a church. Then in the afternoon we watch some kids so their foster moms can take classes to learn how to be a better mom. I've been having a great time with my team in the evening. I haven't really tried any crazy food yet except a weird hot dog a few days ago. Please don't worry about me to much. The weather is nice. Its hot and windy. There's sand - everywhere - it being a desert that makes sense - Ok, real important - what does Norman want me to get for him? I can try to get him a cool tribal looking thing - what do you want? Our bed situation is fun - 4 people in the space for 3, someone has the crack. I miss you! Hi Brittney and Ashley - you two rock! Oh ya and Taylor - I replied to your email. Thank you - the kids call me Barbie all the time. It is really cute. Bobbi <3 =)

Anna says...It is a privilege to be here in Arandis. When I arrived I was shocked because it didn't feel very different from anywhere else. However, as much as I was invited into the culture and began talking with people, I fell in love with the vast differences. Despite the challenges of teaching pre-school, the kids and the experience have brought me tremendous joy. I have been constantly reminded to depend on God and I am anxiously awaiting His plans for the remaining days in Namibia.

Meegan says...As a wise man once told me, once you go to Namibia - you will never be the same. I can confidently say - there is nothing closer to the truth. Each day has been filled with blessings from new friends, my team members, and the children of Arandis. Using my talents and loves and finding ways to minster to the people of this town is something I get to do each day. I have been blessed. Mom - you were right - it feels so good to back in Africa - much love to you. Ken & Erica - man - this has been more than I ever imagined. Love you. Abbott - The kids here are reading 39 clues. Maya - we are sewing and making necklaces for the church. Phoebe - the kids here run so fast. Silas - I saw a real camel - :) - Mimi loves you!

To Shapleigh Baptist: We will have new songs and dance moves for you. We have seen some amazing ways that God is working. We have been so blessed each an every day and God is doing some great and mighty things in the our team. Thanks for the commentsand prayers. We look forward - but not too much - to seeing you in a week or so.

Josh says...I appreciate all of the support and comments from all my friends and family. I truly miss home. I didn't even land in Africa, and I was ready to go home. But now it is to the point that the days are going by way to quickly, and the week is just flying by way to fast. Continue to post your thoughts and comments on the recent posts. They are truly encouraging. Haha, the most interesting things that have really happened to me is a kid spitting water on the back of my legs.... I think it was on accident, and I am pretty sure a dog the size of a pigeon tried to hump my leg.... It looked like a rat. Again, I miss all of my friends, and my family. Thank you for your support, and I appreciate all of it.

18 comments:

  1. reading the shoutouts have always been my favorite part. hope you all have a great night sleep. I am sure tomorrow will be another jam packed day. thanks for all your posts mike! meegs- did you get to ride the camel?? kayleen- can't wait to hear about everything. linda- I'll have to come to Raleigh when you come back... we missed our lunch date in nh!!

    Love -G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayleen's Best Friend (:6:10 PM, August 11, 2010

    Heck yeah I got a Neal pic!! you're jealous :D I asked the stage crew for one hahaha (: Anywho, miss you and love you too girl!! glad you're having fun :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOBBI! You rock <3
    miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-outs...Good stuff. We continue to hold you all up in prayer and know that you are being a blessing to all you come in contact with (and vice-versa).
    Be blessed you guys.
    Love you Josh and beware the rat sized dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you learned a lot of awesome things! I miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie's Mom and Dad10:25 PM, August 11, 2010

    I enjoy hearing what each of you are taking away from this experience. Katie, we miss you a lot and love you even more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to keep up with you via the internet. It is nice to see what God is teaching all of you while in Africa. Enjoy the rest of your time! I know it will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was great!....I enjoyed reading it very much! Glad that you all are having a good time over there. I know that I said this earlier, but God must be so proud of you all! I know He must be! I think He has a very Big smile looking down at you all right now. :)
    I will keep on praying for everyone....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all have been busy! Thanks for the shout outs.

    Katie, I love YOU forever! And yes, I know the rest of you are either "aawwwwwing" or "yucking" right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love you all SBC team!! and are praying for you! The kids are enjoying the pictures and hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi i like the blog very much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bobbi, Glad your having so much fun. Be safe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Meegan,
    HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL. SORRY ALL IS CAP THE BUTTON IS ON. YOUR MOM IS HELPING ME OUT WITH THIS. i'LL BE BACK lOVE AUNT NANCY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meegan
    I am helping Aunt Nancy so I hope it works for her Love you and saty safe. Say hello to every one for me Ilove you all

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man I can't wait to hear your stories guys, you're truly being touched by God by this experience and I'm so happy that children in need will be able to learn about our glorious God. I pray things continue to go well for all of you, and in the spirit of Charlie Brown, You are all good men and women.
    Your buddy, Charlie Brown

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Meegan, Trying this again on my own to see if I can do this.I'm praying each day for all of you and that your doing Gods work and that the boys and girls are learning and having a great time with you. All the pictures look like everyone are having lots of fun. Funny to see all in long pants. Thought it was going to be hot!The beach looks great. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lindsey, You look like your having a great time. What a blessing that God would be having you do such wonderful work. Your a good girl and yoour parents should be and i know are very proud. Oh by he way God has been good to me as well. We have found a puppy and should be getting it the start of Sept.She will be coming from MO. Snickers will have someone to play with. Enjoy your last week there. Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wats Up KY-GUY!!

    I hope your doing well; physically mentally & spiritually. I know you'll be home soon and going back to school so have fun, study hard, and most importantly, call me when your home!!!

    ReplyDelete